Re: tcp_miss with linux-client but not with win32

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 22:12:08 +0200

Dennis Sjogren wrote:

> As the disobedient person I am, I'm not going to do as you told me to.
> :) I enabled log_mime_hdrs in squid.conf. Have a look at what I found:

Disobeying is fine, as long as you do it with some common sense ;-)

> ... And here we have the Linux-client browsing the same gif. Where did
> that no-cache pragma come from!?

You found your problem it seems. "Pragma: no-cache" denies Squid to use
it's cache on the request.

Browsers sends no-cache on reload and in some versions also when you
select a bookmark. I do not know of any browsers (including most
UNIX/Linux versions of Netscape) which sends it on every request.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker