proxy and router ICMP redirect messages??

From: Utku Er <erutku@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 18:02:56 +0300

  hi,

  I am using squid proxy for a long time. but today I realize that when
I debug my router for ICMP messages I get lots of messages like:

2w0d: ICMP: redirect sent to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx for dest yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy,
use gw aaa.aaa.aaa.aa
2w0d: ICMP: redirect sent to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx for dest yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy,
use gw aaa.aaa.aaa.aa

where xxx is the proxy ip, yyy is the dial-up ip and aaa is the
gateway...

does anyone know what these are ?? I think these messages increases my
LAN traffic, so I have to learn what are these....

thanks,

Utku.

"If you continue to do what you've always done,
you'll continue to get what you always got."