Re: FTP proxy icons

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 18:53:55 +0200

David J N Begley wrote:

> [ Squid 2.2.STABLE4, Jesred (redirector) 1.2pl1 ]
>
> On Sun, 11 Jul 1999, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>
> > You can get around this with the use of a redirector, and publish a
> > official URL which does not begin with /squid-internal-static.
>
> Dumb question - how? That is, exactly what URL is passed to the redirector?
> (If, in fact, ANYTHING is passed to the redirector...)

This only works for files which is not used as file listings icons (I.e
loaded PAC files, or pictures used in custom error messages). You can't
change the image source used in file listings.

Rewrite
http://<visible_hostname>:<port>/files/<filename>
http://<visible_hostname>:<first_http_port>/squid-internal-static/icons/<filename>
(where /files/ in the source URL is anything you like to use in the
official URL)

Care must also be taken to support clients which connect directly to the
Squid port as a HTTP server. To support such use you need to configure
the httpd acceleration features or Squid will reject the requests since
they are not considered "internal".

httpd_accel_host <visible_hostname>
httpd_accel_port <first_http_port>
httpd_accel_with_proxy on