Re: only caching images

From: Maciej Kozinski <Maciej.Kozinski@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 14:10:46 +0200 (CEST)

Jayme Cox:

> To only cache images, this is what I've got working:
>
> acl NOCACHE url_regex .*
> acl IMAGES url_regex \.gif$ \.jpg$
> no_cache deny NOCACHE
> no_cache allow IMAGES
>
> This will proxy everything, but only cache gif and jpg files.

Nope, in this order it will cache nothing.
The first no_cache directive should be more particular and the second more
general - because of the first match. In this order the images will match first
no_cache deny directive. This should look like below:

 acl NOCACHE url_regex .*
 acl IMAGES url_regex \.gif$ \.jpg$
 no_cache allow IMAGES
 no_cache deny NOCACHE

Regards,
MK

--
           Maciej Kozinski         http://www.uck.uni.torun.pl/~maciek/
	   Remember: Un*x _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about