Re: benchmarking with other proyxs?

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 08:45:11 -0600

On Sun, 18 Jul 1999, Jimenez Vallina, Juan wrote:

> where I can find benchmark report bettwen Squid and other proxys (Inktomi,
> Micr$soft, Cisco)???

Some results are available in the first IRCache Bake-off Report:
        http://bakeoff.ircache.net/

We've just completed a new series of tests with 7 caching vendors, and the
results are to appear in Data Communications magazine (and our site) on
September 21.
        http://polygraph.ircache.net/Events/datacomm.html

We are trying to keep an up-to-date list of benchmarking events at
        http://polygraph.ircache.net/Events/

Unfortunately, none of the companies you have listed participated in the
past tests. I expect Cisco to come to the second bake-off with their new
Cache Engine. Not sure about Microsoft and Inktomi.

HTH,

Alex.