Resticting access of a username to an IP.

From: Hogben, Ian <Ian.Hogben@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 14:00:03 +0800

G'day all:

I currently run a squid box with authentication required. We have one PC
that we'd like to open access to. Basically, we want to let people browse
the web without much restriction as long as we can see how much time they're
spending on it. I'm thinking that maybe squid allows for some kind of
restiction of a single account to a specific IP. Is this vaguely possible?

So for most people, they can use their account at any PC configured to use
the proxy. But for a select few people, they have one shared account that
can only be used at a single PC.

Whaddayareckon?

Ian Hogben
Computer Services Officer - NGHS
mailto:Ian.Hogben@health.wa.gov.au
To see a world in a grain of sand
And a heaven in a wild flower,
To hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
 William Blake, Auguries of Innocence II 1-4