Problems with Auth Modules in STABLE4

From: John Heyer <john@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 10:13:15 -0500 (CDT)

I recently upgraded to STABLE4, and it seems Squid isn't working correctly
with auth modules. On one system, ncsa_auth works fine from the command
line:

dragon# ./ncsa_auth /var/www/htpasswd/passwd
baduser badpass
ERR
gooduser badpass
ERR
gooduser goodpass
OK

But when I set Squid as my proxy server, it retries until I enter a valid
username/password, then *denies* me. We're using smb_auth on another
system and are having the same problem. Did something change in
squid.conf? Mine basically looks like

authenticate_program /usr/local/squid/bin/ncsa_auth /var/www/htpasswd/passwd
..
acl passauth proxy_auth 300
..
http_access allow passauth
http_access deny all

--
"Your illogical approach ... does have its advantages."
				-- Spock, after being Checkmated by Kirk