how to transparent proxy in kernel 2.2.x

From: Utku Er <erutku@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 18:59:38 +0300

  I was using squid as a transparent proxy for 2.0.36 for a long time.

  I wonder if someone will update the squid-FAQ which has old info about
compiling the kernel with the experimental options and ipfwadm...

  Some of the kernel options are not experimental for 2.2.x and ipfwadm
replaced with ipchains. If you tell me what to compile in kernel, maybe
I can deal with the ipchains part..

thanks,
-

Utku.

"If you continue to do what you've always done,
you'll continue to get what you always got."