Sorry, FD Question again.

From: Chris Singer <csinger@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 14:11:48 -0700

HI all,

I'm running Squid on a Linux 2.2.10 box and I need to raise the number of
FDs. I have read an e-mail from the archive that suggested that using the
Alan Cox's patches is the only way to raise the number of FDs. Now there
are a lot of patches available for 2.2. I'm wondering which ones need to be
applied in order to raise the limit. I'm currently using the default of
1024 and would like to raise it to 4096 or maybe even 8192. I tried using
the "ulimit -HSn XXX" command and it didn't work. Could anyone tell me
which ones need to be applied and if you have time why? Thank you for you
comments.

Chris