Access lists question

From: Martin Svensson <martin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 11:18:07 +0200

Hi Everyone.

I'm having alittle problem with squid access lists that I can't figure
out. We're having to way's out to the internet. Today squid sorts on
which domain the user-request comes from and then sends it to the right
proxy.

It looks like this in squid.conf:
-----
cache_peer ip2proxy_1 PARENT 80 7 DEFAULT NO-QUERY
cache_peer ip2proxy_2 PARENT 80 7 DEFAULT NO-QUERY
prefer_direct off

acl lucache srcdomain mas.lu.se remote.ltskane.se
acl sjvcache srcdomain sjv.malmo.se
cache_peer_access ip2proxy_1 allow sjvcache
cache_peer_access ip2proxy_2 allow lucache
-----

This works nice but as you see lucache direct both mas.lu.se and
remote.ltskane.se to proxy_2. This is not good for various reasons.
All our web-clients use Automatic Proxy Configuration. Those who has
mas.lu.se in their domain get's 1.pac and those with sjv.malmo.se get's
2.pac. Both of these scripts looks the same and tells the webclient to
contact squid at 3128.

Now, my question. If we put 2 network cards in the squid-box, can squid
depending on which network-interface the request comes in on send it to
proxy1/proxy2.

Like: If request comes in on
eth1 with 1.1.2.1 then send it to proxy_2
eth2 with 1.1.2.2 then send it to proxy_1

If this works then we can change the Autom. Proxy config so the 1.pac
(mas.lu.se) to send their requests to eth1 while all other sends their
request to eth2.

Is this possible ??

Thanks for your help and time.
//Martin