Re: Access lists question

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 23:32:29 +0200

Martin Svensson wrote:

> acl lucache srcdomain mas.lu.se remote.ltskane.se
> acl sjvcache srcdomain sjv.malmo.se
> cache_peer_access ip2proxy_1 allow sjvcache
> cache_peer_access ip2proxy_2 allow lucache
> -----
>
> This works nice but as you see lucache direct both mas.lu.se and
> remote.ltskane.se to proxy_2. This is not good for various reasons.

Then why do you do so?

> Now, my question. If we put 2 network cards in the squid-box, can squid
> depending on which network-interface the request comes in on send it to
> proxy1/proxy2.

Yes, by using the myip ACL type in cache_peer_access matching. And most
OS:es allows you to configure IP aliases to one interface so you may not
need to put a second card in the box to use that feature.

I also have a patch with adds myport ACL type for matching which
http_port the request was accepted on. Can be used similary.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker