Re: Web Mails

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 01:53:21 +0200

Ubaldo Lescano wrote:

> > I defenitely do not recommend using a min age in refresh patterns unless
> > you know what you are affecting. I am also not very fond of
> > reload-into-ims.
>
> Thanks for the help, i understand it, but then, as serious the best way to avoid to
> no chache this pages (webmails like hotmail, latinmail, excite, netscape, etc tec)
> ? and as serious the best way to make sure in keeping archives like jpg, gif, htm,
> html, etc

The best way is to use the default rules, and to be very careful when
using other rules which overrides defined HTTP expiry limits (sets min
age / uses a high LMT factor / uses any of the refresh_pattern options).

The only factor which generally can be tuned more aggresively without
having to worry to much is the LMT factor on known image formats. Most
other ways of aggressive tuning will give staleness or privacy issues at
various sites.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker