Re: Diff or patch?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 12:18:28 +0200

Alvin Lim wrote:

> Which should I apply?
>
> When a diff comes up on this mailing list or a patch comes up,
> how do I determine if I should apply the diff or the patch?

If you are troubled with the problem the diff or patch claims to fix,
and if you trust the person who have made the patch.

> Should I apply all patches from the "bug list" at the web site?

If you feel you have the need to. However, beware that the NLANR version
of the webdav support patch is broken somehow (unless they have fixed
it) so don't apply that one.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker