Anonymizing with squid

From: ty <sj@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 17:07:26 +0200

Hello !

I'm using squid 2.2STABLE4 and I would like to hide the clients of my
cache as much as possible.

I choose the 'paranois method' as it is written is the FAQ and in the
config file.
I did a test and went to rootshell which I know logs IP addresses.
And I was astonished that it could see the IP-address of the client
od my cache.

Where is the truth ? /I know it is outside.... (Mulder)/

Or may rootshell uses cookies ? Maybe. But rootshell was not able
to determine my real IP, only the firewall's IP.
Though in this case I had a 10.x.x.x IP-address, I think with
cookies rootshell would see my 10.x.x.x IP. Or maybe not ?

Please help !

Janos SUTO