Anybody have benchmarks between versions of Squid?

From: Steve Willer <willer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 11:57:47 -0400 (EDT)

I'm looking at upgrading a very highly-loaded Squid v1.1.7 to v2.1PL2. I'm
also changing from Linux kernel v2.0.36 to v2.2.10. Squid is running in
http-accelerator mode, and the web processes are other machines (i.e. not
running on the squid box).

I was wondering if anybody has any benchmarks or even any anecdotal
evidence of the kind of performance gain or loss I can expect with this
upgrade. Does anybody have any experience with this kind of upgrade on the
same hardware? Even ballpark ideas would be nice.