Re: proxy authentication

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 23:06:42 +0200

J|rgen Sandner wrote:

> The problem:
> Netscape won't ask me again for uid and password (good) but it asks the
> LDAP-server for my group-memberships every time I want to get a new
> html-page,
> gif-image .... from the internet. This of course brings our ldap-server down
> (bad).

Squid has a internal cache of successful authentications to prevent
this. It defaults to cache successful authentications for 1 hour (3600
seconds).

The cache entry is invalidated if the user attempts to log in using
another password, to quickly propagate password changes without having
to wait for the authentication cache to expire.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker