Re: Ethernet Problem

From: Clifton Royston <cliftonr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 10:29:09 -1000 (HST)

tom minchin writes:
> You have intel eepro100s? Their driver/hardware is buggy under Linux and
> high load (eg lots of UDP), I found that the latest kernel 2.2.10 and
> sticking this in conf.modules fixed it most of the time:

(Still off-topic...) I think that's purely the Linux drivers; here we
recently finished upgrading several BSD servers to the Intel
EtherExpress 100 cards because they seem much more reliable than the
old DE500-based cards. Our testing showed the cards easily sustained a
2-way 40Mb/s ping flood for hours continuously between two servers with
essentially 0 packet loss. For around $50 a card, that's a bargain.

  -- Clifton

--
 Clifton Royston  --  LavaNet Systems Architect --  cliftonr@lava.net
        "An absolute monarch would be absolutely wise and good.