Re: disk cache & memory size (RE: Expiration Age)

From: Clement <clement@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 15:38:35 +1000

Using these numbers, can we generalize to say that for every 5GB of
cache, we need about 47MB of RAM (55-8) to hold the indexes in memory
and 8MB or more to hold in-memory cache objects?

Running squid on a Linux machine using kernel 2.2.10, ip chains and
apache, does anyone have any idea how much memory is required for a 5GB
cache? And what about a 50GB cache?

This is good configuration guide for all of us.

Dave J Woolley wrote:

> [...]

Clement
ANS Communications Pty Ltd