When a dl fails and using reload-into-ims and override-expire...

From: meridian <me@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 12:22:09 +1000 (EST)

I have in my refresh patterns certain patterns that reload-into-ims and
override-expire, such as for zip files from certain site. If the first
time a user attempts to download a file that is forced thru these rules,
and the download fails what happens the next time someone attampts to
retrieve the file?

It would be ideal (for my situation at least) if squid checked last
modified date on the original file and if it hasnt changed to give the
user what is in the proxy cache and then retrieve the rest of the file
from the site. (wether for ftp or http). Is this done by default ? and if
not then is it possible to set such a thing up without completely
modifying the squid source?

thanks for any feedback

meridian
 me@NOSPAM.tha.net