Re: Parent proxy with password auth

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 21:51:49 +0200

Hogben, Ian wrote:

> The master proxy server runs some version of a Netscape proxy server, which
> also has password authentication. How can I configure squid to work with
> this other proxy?

You need to configure it as a parent.

You then need to decide on how the authentication should be handled.
Squid only supports proxy authentications of users on one level, so your
users must be authenticated at either your proxy or the master proxy,
not both.

What you can do in Squid if you locall proxy authentication is to use
the login= cache_peer option to configure which account Squid should
identify itself as when talking to the parent.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker