Too long a domain name

From: Mike Batchelor <mbatchelor@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 18:16:21 -0700

http://www.llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.co.uk
is an actual web site, and squid can't connect to it.  Try it.  The
dnsserver claims it can't resolve the IP.  Yet all my DNS tools can, and I
can telnet to it, and issue a HTTP GET on port 80.  In fact, this is the web
site for the village in Wales that has this name. ;)  A web browser without
a proxy, and Gauntlet http-gw have no trouble with it.

I know it's kinda silly, but I thought I would mention it.  Squid *is* able
to resolve and retrieve http://www.inspectorgadget-themovie.com, which is
the 2nd longest domain name I know about.