Why squid is too slow? (problem in configuration)

From: Madjid SalimZadeh <salim@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 17:03:01 +0430 (IRST)

I am using Squid 2.2.Stable1 on Redhat Linux 6.0
I have a Winproxy 2.1 on a NT Machine and I want to configure squid to use
Winproxy as its parent proxy server. When I connect directly to Winproxy
it acts very well and it gets most of the objects from its cache, but when
I use squid proxy it's very slow and it gets most of the objects from the
parent again. I got a lot of TCP_MISS , TCP_REFRESH_MISS in my access log,
How can I setup squid to cache some types of files like (jpg,gif,jpeg,...)
and never expires and check for updated files. I want squid to check for
cgi, html, htm, pl files when a user refresh the page.

I think Winproxy is more powerful than squid or maybe I don't know how to
configure refresh_patterns and cache options.
Please help me.

    .--.
   |o_o |
   |:_/ | Majid SalimZadeh