Re: How can I use a Winproxy as a parent of squid?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 17:44:13 +0200

Madjid SalimZadeh wrote:

> How should I set squid to use a Winproxy on NT machine as its parent
> proxy. Which ICP_PORT should I use?

Winproxy to my knowledge does not support ICP, so you should use
no-query. The ICP port parameter in cache_peer then does not matter (I
usually use 0 to mark that there is no ICP port).

For Squid 2.2 you also need to use "prefer_direct off" or "never_direct"
(the first if you are allowed to go direct, the second if you must by
all means go by a parent proxy / firewall).

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker