Re: Direct as last resort

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 17:21:30 +0200

Antony wrote:

> Thank you for that. I couldn't locate any information on "prefer_direct" in the
> documentation or in the .conf file, which is why I never tried it :)

Thats probably because you have upgraded from an earlier Squid release,
and continued to look in squid.conf for documentation.

My recommendatoin is to when you have made your first working
configuration, clean squid.conf from documentation, add comments
describing why you have a certain directive and in the future look in
squid.conf.default for documentation.

grep "^[^#]" squid.conf >squid.conf.new
mv squid.conf squid.conf.old
mv squid.conf.new squid.conf

Then edit squid.conf to add your comments.

This way you both make sure that you always read a current version of
the documentation, and get a better overview of your configuration file.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker