Re: Squid and NT

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 1999 16:27:06 +0200

Petar Nikolich wrote:

> Is the website I noted the only current port you are aware of?

It (http://www.phys-iasi.ro/users/romeo/squidnt.htm) is the only native
port to Windows NT I am aware of. There has been several attempts in
building Squid using various "Unix emulation" libraries (where cygwin32
is one such library), with varying results.

All uses of Squid on Windows NT will be mostly unsupported until there
is a active port maintainer for NT. The NT port requires fairly
substantial changes of the fundamentals of Squid's I/O code.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker