IMS hit rate?

From: Reuben Farrelly <reuben.farrelly@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 23:32:15 +1000

Hi (again! sorry)

Is there any way I can find out this information from Squid, perhaps using
the cachemgr?

* Total hits (ok, that's an easy one)
* Total IMS requests sent
* Total IMS hits where "not modified" was returned
* An idea of what sort of ratio of (IMS hits)/(total requests) is good
* If it is better to issue many IMS requests or simply consider a greater
amount of the cache contents as fresh, outweighing the time and bandwidth
involved in IMS checking

If these statistics are useful, I hope they could be included in the next
cachemgr.cgi :)

This information may be useful in determining how effective refresh
patterns are, and if they need adjustment. Obviously if we get few IMS
hits and lots of IMS misses, our patterns could be considered to be a bit
too tight :>

Reuben