Re: your results..

From: Clifton Royston <cliftonr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 10:07:50 -1000 (HST)

Maciej Kozinski writes:
> Chuprynin Nicholay:
> >

> > Hi, All!
> > I just curious, how effective Squid could be.
> > I mean average traffic economy (in percents).
> > It's interesting for me how much could I get from relatively small (I
> > think) - about 1.3 G cache.
> >
> > Petrovich (Kolya)
>
> Hello,
>
> here are the results gathered from my squid's log files between
> 23.07-2.08. This has been done using my own script called "squeezer"
> (http://www.uck.uni.torun.pl/~maciek/w3cache/). A bunch of
> interesting results including supremacy of cache digests over ICP
> (the fastest sibling use CD!) and many more.
>
> Enjoy,
> Maciej

That really is interesting. What size cache disk and cache RAM are you
using, and how did you set the maximum object size to get these high
bytes-hit ratios? Did you adjust the default refresh patterns any?

  -- Clifton

--
 Clifton Royston  --  LavaNet Systems Architect --  cliftonr@lava.net
        "An absolute monarch would be absolutely wise and good.