Re: Delay Pool for Direct Access, Not for Parent Access - Possible?

From: David Luyer <luyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 15:16:15 +0800

> At proxy N:
> 1. I want to rate limit (delay pool) direct accesses on Link 2.
> to X kbps.
> 2. I do not want to delay pool accesses to Proxy V (parent)
> Images can come as fast as they can.
>
> Q1. Is this possible?

Yes.

> Q2. How do I do this?

delay_pools 1
delay_class 1 1
delay_access 1 allow all
delay_paramters 1 xxxx/xxxx

cache_peer [...] no-delay

Requests which go to [...] are not subjected to delay pools.

You probably also want to use the (experimental) patch at
  http://typhaon.ucs.uwa.edu.au/diff-2.2.STABLE4-2.2.STABLE4.DJL3
which is quite important if you have a number of clients fighting for the same
bandwidth pool as otherwise clients with high-numbered file descriptors may
become starved while the low-numbered ones are serviced.

David.