Enhanced NCSA Authentication Module

From: Finbarr O'Kane <finbarro@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 02:27:40 +0100 (BST)

Hi

I have been doing some digging in the squid mailing list archives and one
particular topic of interest was the following

   From: Dancer (dancer@zeor.simegen.com)
   Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 06:31:08 +1100

where 'Dancer' details how to modify the proxy authentication code to pass
more than just the username/password pair to an external program.

Id like to be able, in addition to authenticating similar to the ncsa auth
module already available, to check that a user isn't already authenticated
from a different IP address.

Where previously there was:

snprintf(buf, 8192, "%s %s\n", r->auth_user->user,r->auth_user->passwd);

and it was modified to:

snprintf(buf, 8192, "%s %s %s\n", r->url,r->auth_user->user,
r->auth_user->passwd);

Can something similar be done to pass the IP address of the requesting
client to the authenticating module, and if so, does anyone know off the
top of their heads what should be passed?

The squid proxy server we are running is in a
restricted bandwidth environment, so hopefully, ensuring that its a one
session per username basis may go at least a little way to preserving
bandwidth.

Before I go delving into the realms of trying to code this, I was
wondering if anyone else has done a similar sort of thing, to save much
weeping and gnashing of teeth etc

Thanks

Fin

--