Re: Enhanced NCSA Authentication Module

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 1999 15:04:30 +0200

Finbarr O'Kane wrote:

> Id like to be able, in addition to authenticating similar to the ncsa auth
> module already available, to check that a user isn't already authenticated
> from a different IP address.

This feature (restricting users to one IP) has been requested by
multiple Squid users, and I have now spent some time on it. What I did
was to add one more TTL setting for controlling how often an
authenticated user are allowed to switch IP address. If an IP address
switch is detected within this time period then the user are asked to
reauthenticate, and the action is logged in cache.out.

Patch available from http://hem.passagen.se/hno/squid/ as usual.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker