Re: Can't FTP.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 20:23:23 +0200

Joel Taqueban wrote:

> We're having problems with our Proxy. It appears we can't FTP via
> the proxy. Example, neither ftp.netscape.com or ftp.pinnaclesys.com
> work. The proxy returns "Connection Failed. (113) No route to
> host"

Is there some kind of firewall in between Squid and the internet? If so,
does this firewall support passive FTP?

Test:
Log on to your Squid server and try to use FTP manually using a FTP
client supporting passive connections (some command line FTP programs
supports it by the "passive" command).

squid-server% ftp
ftp> passive
Passive mode on