re: tc + squid

From: Robert Dale <rdale@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 14:56:17 -0400 (EDT)

Oops.. I delete the original email..

Anyway, basically what I was wondering with tc and squid
is can they survive together harmoniously? I haven't had the
time to investigate it first-hand, but according to linx kernel
docs, you're never supposed to use "IP: always defrag" with a normal
router. I'm wondering how that would affect tc stuff or even just
router stuff in general. I'll probably find out this weekend..
Just curious if anyone had squid running on their router at the moment
so I can avoid any pitfalls and keep my hair ;)

Some details..

The router is the most important part. It does QoS - several clients
with different subscriptions to different types of QoS and bandwidth
(also controlled in linux). It would be nice to run squid on it also
to save bandwidth.

--
Robert Dale
		Live from wplug.org!