RE: Internet Junkbuster & Squid

From: James A. Donald <jdonald@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 11:07:48 -0700

Brooks Martin [mailto:MBrooks@tjguk.com]
> Just as a side point. I tried to get this configuration working:

> I use Squid authentication but IJB didn't seem to be able to handle it
i.e.
> the user would not be prompted for a name and password. When I tried this
> instead:

> I did get the authentication requests, as you would expect, but some error
> messages were then replaced with an IJB message such as 'domain does not
> exist'. I prefer (and need) the Squid error messages to be shown.

I have unsuccessfully attempted to borrow from the ijb code base. I am now
coming to the suspect that the basic architecture of ijb is fundamentally
broken, and cannot be fixed short of a total rewrite, that it is incapable
of correctly handling persistent connections, that I was unwise to use ijb
as my model.