RE: Internet Junkbuster & Squid

From: Brooks Martin <MBrooks@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 10:18:46 +0100

                     TAYLOR JOYNSON GARRETT
Carmelite 50 Victoria Embankment Blackfriars London EC4Y 0DX
Telephone +44 (0) 171 353 1234 Facsimile +44 (0) 171 936 2666
                  World Wide Web: www.tjg.co.uk

This e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read,
copied and used only by the addressee. If you have received it in
            error, please contact us immediately.
(Please ignore the above disclaimer. This message is tagged to all outgoing
mail by my gateway - sorry.)

Just as a side point. I tried to get this configuration working:

I use Squid authentication but IJB didn't seem to be able to handle it i.e.
the user would not be prompted for a name and password. When I tried this
instead:

I did get the authentication requests, as you would expect, but some error
messages were then replaced with an IJB message such as 'domain does not
exist'. I prefer (and need) the Squid error messages to be shown.

Comments?

Mart.