Re: Lamers & Viruses

From: Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 20:50:17 +0300

what about access lists?

acl exefiles urlpath_regex -i \.exe$
http_access deny exefiles

this would deny everybody from downloading exe files,
I am not sure if squid is stopping searching acl's when it founds a match
but if it stops just before this if you put an allow for your 195.X.Y.Z ip
addresses it would let them to download files.

BTW most programs are zipped etc. It is pretty hard to stop users
from downloading exe files by this approach I guess...

Evren