PURGE delay?

From: Graham Miller <graham@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 16:20:53 -0700

Hello,
I am trying to set up Squid to do something like what HTTP-Accelerator mode
is intended for. However, I want to be able to allow my application to
signal to Squid that a given page has expired. It seems like the PURGE
command is the best way to do this. However, I seem to be having some
performance issues, which is odd, given that I'm currently the only one
using the cache.

My problem is that I issue a:
client -m PURGE <cache-testing-url>

... and get back a: