Re: HEAD message

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 02:01:09 +0200

Are you sure you are not confusing GET IMS with HEAD?

HEAD gets the object headers only. (or at least is supposed to..)

GET IMS is commonly used to validate a cached entity, not HEAD.

About the only tool I know of which uses HEAD to validate it's "cached"
objects is wget.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker