Urgent!!! Intranet Authentication

From: David Rodríguez Alfayate <drodriguez@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 10:54:12 +0200

Hi,

I have a doubt, I don't really know if there is any solution, but, since i'm
in a hurry, and i've to take a decision, ...

I'm using Auth Proxy to limitate the access of the users to a series of
Internal Web Services (pre-pay services, ...), it works fine, the problem
arrives because i don't know if my Internal Web Services can know de user-id
of the user that is accessing its pages. It's really necessary (perhaps I
could send a cookie from Squid, but I don't know if this is possible).

You could say that I should use Web Authentication instead Proxy
Authentication, but I have several Web Servers, and If I don't misunderstand
RFC 2617, this can only be done with Digest Model, what a problem!!! it only
works with IExplore 5, I need something much more general.

I should be really very grateful If you could point me to any solution, or
give me any clue.

Thank you, very much in advance,

David.