Re: Squid doesn't use parent

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 20:51:27 +0200

Borek Lupomesky wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have squid 2.2STABLE3 running for long time. I use cache-digests and
> have all peer caches configured with "no-query". But today I have
> discovered, that squid doesn't use its configure parent proxy! What can be
> wrong?

For squid 2.2 to use non-ICP parents you need to configure it with
prefer_direct off
or it will prefer to go direct rather than to use non-ICP parents on
digest misses.

For a more flexible approach which mimics the flow when ICP is used see
my Squid patches <http://hem.passagen.se/hno/squid/>.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker