RE: HEAD message

From: James A. Donald <jdonald@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 10:54:31 -0700

From: hno@hem.passagen.se [mailto:hno@hem.passagen.se]
> Are you sure you are not confusing GET IMS with HEAD?

I have been wandering through a lot of other people's source code in
my efforts to learn what is required of a proxy, and my impression is
that if HEAD requests were common, proxies would be falling over like
nine pins.

Of course it is quite possible that HEAD requests are common, and that
proxies are falling over like ninepins.