Re: Resolve user names

From: Ian Redfern <redferni@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 17:46:11 +0100

Currently I do this for my network (3000 hosts, several Squids) by having a
process tail on the end of the Squid access log and call a hacked version of
the Samba nmblookup for each new IP address it sees, then writing the user
info into a new copy of the log file.

An ideal solution would be a dropin replacement for identd lookups that just
identifies the user/machine rather than requiring username/password like
authentication does.

Ian Redfern (redferni@logica.com)