Re: "Segment Violation" reported by Squid

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 14:11:04 -0600

On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, Alastair Johnson wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, List Server Account wrote:
>
> > Squid keeps giving me a "Segment Violation" after
> > running for a while [ anything between 1 and 10 hours,
> > but getting more frequent ].
>
> We managed to stop this happening for a short period of time if we ran squid
> on port 8181. If we went back to 8080, it would crash within 60 seconds.
>
> However, we're now getting assertion failed. This server previously ran
> stable for a lengthy period.
>
> Any suggestions?

My suggestion is to provide more information for us so we can help
you.

When you get an assertion failure, it gives you a source file
and a line number. Please share those with us!

When you get a Segment Violation, you might get a coredump.
If not, you should TRY to get a coredump. See the FAQ at

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-11.html#ss11.19

Duane W.