RE: memory growing out of bounds

From: Walter Klomp <walter@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 10:30:31 +0800

Hi Doug,

Use your cachemgr.cgi and check the memory utilisation. It will give you a
detailed description of which "part" of squid is eating all the memory.

It's definately not normal :-). My boxes (15Gig HD /256Mb RAM) with dlmalloc
run forever without needing a reset. (Linux though :-)

Try it with dlmalloc and monitor closely your memory utilisation.

Walter Klomp.