Re: number of file descriptor we can open?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 08:38:03 +0200

Your kernel does not allow the process to open more than 256
filedescriptors.

Your header files are prepared for up to 8192 filedescriptors.

Squid can use up to the smallest of these two, or 256 in your case.

You need to look into getting your kernel to accept the use of more
filedescriptors. If you are running Linux then see my Squid page
<http://hem.passagen.se/hno/squid/>.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker