Re: why send ICP queries for hierarchy_stoplist matches?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 20:12:11 +0200

hierarchy_stoplist has a lower priority than never_direct, so Squid will
use ICP to try to find the fastest parent to use.

If you only have one parent then there is no need to use ICP at all.
Configure the parent with the no-query option in the cache_peer line.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker