bad pathnames in ./configure

From: Milos Prudek <prudemil@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 16:27:16 +0200

I have changed the following lines in ./configure:
bindir=/usr/sbin
sysconfdir=/etc/squid
localstatedir=/var/run

because I needed to compile just the squid binary with delay pools
enabled, and fit that binary into already installed squid system
(instaleed from a rpm).

It complained about not being able to find /usr/sbin/dnsserver and
/usr/sbin/unlinkd. That's logical, because those files are in
/usr/lib/squid under rpm design, so maybe if I specified
bindir=/usr/lib/squid, it would have worked even though squid binary
would have remained in /usr/sbin?

I symlinked binaries, and also symlinked
/usr/lib/squid/icons->/etc/squid/icons.

Now it works, but squid complains about /usr/local/squid/logs/squid.pid
(no such file or directory). Again, I want pid file stored in /var/run/,
and I thought that the setting localstatedir=/var/run would be
sufficient. Why it isn't?

--
Milos Prudek