Re: bad pathnames in ./configure

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 12:10:02 +0200

Milos Prudek wrote:

> because I needed to compile just the squid binary with delay pools
> enabled, and fit that binary into already installed squid system
> (instaleed from a rpm).

If you needs to change a binary RPM you should get the corresponding
source RPM and work from that. The RedHat binary rpms uses a very
different file layout than the default Squid installation.

Assuming RedHat Linux:

1. Install the source rpm
2. Edit /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/<filename> to suit your needs.
3. Run "rpm -ba /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/<filename>" to rebuild the package
4. The new binary RPM will be in
/usr/src/redhat/RPMS/<platform>/<rpm-name>

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker