SuSe Linux, Cisco Transp. proxy

From: Melissa McDowell <melissa@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 23:15:15 -0400 (EDT)

Folks -

I'm pretty new to this and trying to help someone out who is using
SuSe linux, Squid 2.2 Stable 4 and a Cisco router to try and get
transparent proxy running. I've been through the config and asked
him to check a few things in that - I'm waiting to hear back.

Has anyone run this setup with or without problems? I've run the cisco
bits past someone who ought to know and he thinks they are fine, that the
problem might be in the Squid conf or possibly with IP Masquerade inside
Linux. I don't have the linux bits available to me - I have asked about
those and the squid conf.

Basically if anyone knows about this could you drop me a note with any
common pitfalls?

Thank you for your time!

Melissa

Melissa McDowell