Firewall & Squid

From: Nathan Perusco <nathan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 20:07:57 +1000

Hi,

I hope someone can help me solve this problem. I have a group of
workstations that need to use the squid server that I am setting up.
This
server's external router to the internet has every port blocked except
for
port 8080 (this can not be changed). The clients can not make requests
the web servers on port 80 as it is blocked at the next router. The
clients
are forced to connect to a netcache server running on port 8080 for all
external communications.

What I need to know is how to I configure my squid cache to never try to
access a site directly and port all requests through xxx.xxx.xxx parent
server on port 8080?

Thanks,
Nathan