Re: squid proxy access: one user per. PC

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 18:43:39 +0200

Thomas.Hansen.tmh./Copenhagen@manbw.dk wrote:

> Is there anyway I can prevent the same userid to access the
> cache with more than one instant, i.e. if userid tmh is
> connected from pc 172.16.1.1, "another" tmh cannot access
> the cache from pc 172.16.1.2?

I have a patch which makes shared username browsing a pain in the ass by
requiring reauthentication (the login dialog pops up) from the client
when a IP address switch is detected within a configurable time period.
It also logs the action in cache.log.

See my Squid page <http://hem.passagen.se/hno/squid/>, specifically
"Squid-2.2.STABLE4: authenticate_ip_ttl squid.conf option".

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker